This job involves helping others and providing support to change lives. Our vision is to ensure that “every moment has potential” for the people we support to learn new skills and to achieve their dreams.
Job title : Support worker
Reporting to : Senior/Line Manager/Registered Manager
Aims and Objectives
Our aims are to :
• Encourage independence
• Preserve dignity
• Deliver Person -centred support
• Enable freedom of choice
• Encourage active participation in the community
• Support to achieve life goals
• Involve family, friends and all significant others
Duties may (but not exclusively) include :
• Ensuring that attitude, behaviour and manner of self, is in keeping with the Amazin Care Statement of Purpose, Policies and Procedures, and GSCC Code of Conduct for Carers and Code of Practice for Carers.
• Support with all aspect of Personal Care.
• Preparing and cooking meals
• Answering phone and taking messages/booking appointments
• Shopping on behalf of or with the Clients if required
• Collection of client medication if required
• General household chores and bedroom tidying
• General laundry and enabling Client’s with their laundry
• Support Clients to participate in community activity.
• Any other reasonable requests
An enhanced level of screening is required for this post as well as a DBS check
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
• A desire to reach, or have reached a minimum of NVQ level 2
• Have completed Care Certificate Standards (Evidence Required)
• Previous experience working with people or in a caring situation is desirable (but not essential).
• A full clean driving licence with at least 1 years driving experience is desirable (if working in the community)
• An ability to make clear and concise written and verbal reports concerning the people
• Flexible approach – part-time positions, Bank position, and full-time postion.
• Able to work shift pattern, morning, afternoon, double-up, sleep-in and waking night, required to work weekends according to Rota
• Team work
• Commitment to Continuous training