DUTY CARE LEADER
General Scope of the Post To be responsible to the Registered Manager/Operations Manager for the management of the staff team which he/she is leading and to participate in the caring tasks of the team.
• To promote the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all residents, within a policy of managed risk taking.
• Manage staff rotas ensuring these are used to the best effect for the physical, social and emotional care of residents and effective running of the establishment.
• Ensure that team members understand and endorse the aims and objectives of the home by guidance, instruction and practice.
• Responsibility for clear lines of communication ensuring staff are fully conversant with their duties – to include holding regular team meetings, promotion of an effective key carer system.
• Identify training needs. Participate in the planning and implementation of in-house training, including induction training for new staff.
• Take appropriate action to remedy any unsatisfactory staff performance, recording any significant action. Resident Responsibilities.
• Promote resident well-being by monitoring and re-evaluation of care needs in partnership with the resident, their key carers and significant others the resident may wish to have involved. Provide care with sensitivity in sickness, death and bereavement. Enable residents to receive as far as possible the range of services available in the community and to participate in social and other activities which will assist them to enjoy the lifestyle of their choice.
• Share in caring tasks with other team members and contribute to assessment, reviews and case conferences. Assist and support relatives and carers. • Participate in the planning, implementation and management of new developments to meet the changing.
• Understand contents of fire folder and fire procedures in the Home. Support the Manager and the designated Fire Officer in ensuring that regular fire drills and training are carried out and recorded.
• Understand the employer/employee requirements of Health and Safety legislation and support the Manager and the designated Health and Safety Officer in ensuring compliance and training updates. Ensure own practice is updated in Emergency Aid (Appointed Person), Food Hygiene, Manual Handling etc.
• Understand Infection Control Policy and support the Manager and the designated Infection Control Link Person in ensuring compliance.
• Understand the requirements of good housekeeping and report concerns through the appropriate channels.
• Understand the Amazin Care Medication Policy. Administer drugs and ensure secure control and storage. Address medication errors as detailed in the Organisation’s medication policy.
• Support staff in the provision of good supported living accommodation procedures including management of continence and sensitive and appropriate support of incontinence, in line with Organisation’s policy.
• Refer concerns and difficulties to Manager as appropriate. Brief more generally as requested.
• In the absence of the Registered Manager be the person responsible for the efficient and proper management of the Home.
• Promote good relations with local community and support volunteers, relatives and carers.
• Report any damage to building and equipment.
• Any other duties within the scope of the post.
• Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (2008) in relation to consent and best interest decision making.
• Provide information to residents and relatives in relation to care delivery, being mindful of data protection and Caldicott requirements.
• Ensure high standard of record keeping are maintained in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act (2008) and Essential Standards of Quality and Safety (2010) and Company requirements.
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the Home:
• Take responsibility for the safeguarding of adults, and follow the Organisation’s’ whistle blowing policy as required.
• Participation in staff meetings.
• Participation in training activities.
• Participation in staff supervision and personal development review.
• Participation in quality assurance systems
• Take responsibility for personal development by keeping abreast of developments in the field of caring for older people.
• All duties must be carried out to comply with: –
o Notification of accidents and other Health and Safety requirements in compliance with Trust instructions
o Statutory legislation including Health and Hygiene regulations
o Nationally and locally agreed Codes of Good Practice
o Fire precautions
o Equal opportunity principles and the Organisation’s anti-discriminatory policy
Health and Safety
As an employee of Amazin care ltd, the post holder has a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, to:
To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of anybody else who your acts or omissions may affect.
The post holder must at all times respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018. This includes, if required to do so, obtain, process and/or use information held on a computer in a fair and lawful way, to hold data only for the specified registered purposes and to use or disclose data only to authorised persons or organisations as instructed.
❖ This list of duties and responsibilities is by not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
❖ This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
|Qualifications Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent||Level 3 Award in Effective Management or equivalent||D1 D1|
|Experience Minimum 12 months full-time or equivalent work in a learning Disability care setting. Ability to undertake day to day running of home under direction of the manager.||E2 E3 D2|
|General Aptitude A proven record in care of learning Disabilities and a desire to provide excellence of care through skilled team management, the ability to relate to learning Disabilities and care for them in a sensitive manner.||Dementia Care training.||E4|
|Motivation A commitment to provide high quality care standards for learning Disabilities and to promote equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practice.||E4|
|Knowledge Skilled in ICT Packages. Conversant with Care Standards Act, understanding of responsibilities under HSAW Act. Food Hygiene, Infection Control, Risk Assessment, Care Plans and Reviews.||E5|
|Specific Skills Ability to liaise with other care/health professionals, supervision, chairing meetings, organising and implementing training, communication skills.||E6|
|Interpersonal Skills Ability to form positive relationships with colleagues and build supportive teams. Promote good relations with relatives, friends and volunteers.||E7|
|Personal Qualities • Ability to be flexible with regard to working hours • Builds effective and credible relationships both internally and externally • Works collaboratively with others sharing ideas and information at all times • Effectively builds trust with a consistent approach between actions and words • Has the ability to raise standards through innovation and new ideas • Will take responsibility for issues and resolve them. • Able to cope in difficult situations • with tact and diplomacy • Ability to build rapport and positively influence others • Ability to inspire professionalism|